Running the NEMBA Awards takes many hands and volunteers to make it happen. We have many areas where you can get involved.
We are now accepting applications for Reading Team Members!
See full information below.
Serve as a Lead or on a Committee
- NEMBA Steering Committee – Overall responsibility for NEMBA. Plans and organizes the tasks needed to run the awards. Reviews nominations for meeting guidelines.
- Nominations Administrator – Responsible for receiving, documenting and managing nominations and communicating with nominees.
- Publicity/Promotion – Maintains the mailing list, seeks out promotional opportunities, develops promotional materials, prepares press releases and speaks to media.
- Fundraising – Identifies sources of financial support, documents funds received, develops and leads campaigns to increase funding for NEMBA.
Participate in a Reading Team
- Reading Team Coordinator – Manages and supports all the reading teams, recruits Team Leaders, mentors teams in the evaluation process and ensures adherence to timelines.
- Reading Team Leader – Leads a team for one category of nominations, trains participants, manages book rotation and leads review discussions.
- Reading Team Member – Responsible for reading all the entries in one category, reviewing them with the team, selecting winners and honorable mention, and documenting the choices.
Applications for Reading Team members are now being accepted through May 1.
For full information on how reading teams work, visit our Call for Readers page.
Click here for the online application form.
If you have any questions or would like to volunteer, email us at email@example.com.