LSW Scholarship GUIDELINES
Scholarships for those in financial need are available for each workshop offered by Lake Superior Writers, thanks to generous donations made to the LSW Donna Schilling Scholarship Fund.
Scholarships will be administered as follows:
- Each scholarship will provide a 50% tuition reduction for LSW workshops or classes that run for multiple days. One-day workshops will be offered at a reduced cost of $10. For nonmembers, a scholarship will also include a membership to LSW that will be current for the program year in which the workshop takes place. LSW’s program year runs from July 1 to June 30 of the following year.
- Scholarships are available to both LSW members and nonmembers.
- A scholarship may be used by an individual only once during a program year.
- Scholarships are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- To apply for a scholarship please provide: 1) the name of the requested workshop; 2) your full contact information including name, mailing address, telephone and email; and 3) a brief statement about why a particular class is important to you. This information should be sent to email@example.com. You will receive an email response.
- Applications and scholarship awards are confidential.