Lake Superior Writers supports the artistic development of writers and fosters a vibrant literary arts community in northeastern Minnesota and northern Wisconsin.
In addition to offering resources for creative writers at all levels (writing workshops, writing groups, a monthly newsletter, and an annual writing contest), we host our own LSW blog.
Purpose & Scope of the LSW Blog:
Our goals are:
- Provide a platform for local writers.
- Share well-crafted, thought-provoking content with our membership.
- Focus on writing topics – the craft, the ups and downs, the writing life.
We invite Lake Superior Writers members to submit guest posts for possible inclusion on the blog. This opportunity is open to current Lake Superior Writers members. If you would like to submit a blog post and are not a current member, you may join Lake Superior Writers here: Lake Superior Writers Membership and see all the benefits of membership.
Potential submission topics include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- How do you make time to write?
- What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever received–or the worst?
- How do you overcome writer’s block?
- What advice would you give beginning writers?
- What inspires you to write?
- What’s the most challenging part of writing?
- What books do you recommend for writers?
- An interview of an author about their writing and/or recent work.
We welcome submissions from writers of all levels. Our organization’s membership includes amateur writers, professional authors, and everyone in between–and we expect our blog to reflect our organization’s diverse membership.
- We will only consider submissions from current LSW members.
- The LSW Blog offers experience and visibility for guest bloggers but we are unable to offer payment.
- Word count: we ask that you aim for 400-600 words, but longer posts may be accepted depending on the topic.
- Posts must be original. Previously published work may be submitted.
- If you have an idea for a potential topic, we recommend reaching out to us before writing an entire post. But you may send a completed blog piece if you wish.
- Please avoid self-promotion and/or marketing links in your submitted post.
- Please include a bio (100 words or fewer) with your submission. (You may link to your personal/professional website or blog in your bio, but please do not include these links in your post.)
- We reserve the right to edit for clarity, grammar, and overall style. If substantial changes are made, you will be asked to review and approve the submission before it is posted on the blog.
- The LSW board has final discretion in determining blog content.
How to submit a blog post for consideration:
- Please email your blog post as a Word file attachment to email@example.com.
- Make sure to include “LSW blog submission” in the subject line of the email.
- Do you have photos you’d like to include? Please attach those to the email as well.