Independent Contractor position
$300 monthly stipend for 20 hours per month
Requires experience in WordPress
- WordPress updates. Assist with maintaining the content on the LSW WordPress website.
- Hosting and domain mapping. Manage annual web hosting and WordPress domain mapping annual fees. Contact vendors to resolve technical issues.
Requires experience in WordPress
- Call for News. Email the full membership list to request news with a deadline to submit.
- Editing. Organize and edit submissions fit LSW’s style.
- WordPress. Follow the style and formatting established on site.
- Notification to email list. Once the newsletter is posted, copy the link and send out email to everyone on list that the newsletter is ready to read.
- Facebook notification. Create a post with the link on LSW’s business Facebook page.
- Follow-up. Check the LSW email following publication to check for reports of errors, and correct them.
- Bookkeeping. Track incoming and outgoing payments and forward the information to the Bookkeeper.
- Financial Reports. Collect Quickbook reports from the Bookkeeper for monthly LSW meetings.
- Budgeting. Facilitate creating an annual budget with the Bookkeeper and board input.
- Banking. Deposit checks at National Bank of Commerce. Download monthly reports from NBC and submit to bookkeeper. Contact bank to update LSW’s approved check signer list at NBC annually when board roles and members change.
- Check writing. Gather receipts from board members and bills that have come in the mail or via email, make payments and pay bills after board approval of expenditures.
- Paypal. Manage LSW’s Paypal online account. Review payment notifications received by email. Transfer funds to LSW’s checking account monthly. Download Paypal report and submit to bookkeeper.
- Grant reporting. Work with the Bookkeeper to provide necessary financial information to the Grant Writer for grant submissions and final reports.
- File a short report (prepared by the Bookkeeper) to the IRS after the close of each fiscal year online.
- Download, fill out and mail a Charitable Organization annual report to Minnesota Attorney General after the close of each fiscal year.
Mail and Email
- Postal mail. Regularly check LSW’s mailbox at the Mt. Royal Post Office and process mail (more often during membership renewal and contest times).
- Email. Check LSW’s email accounts regularly and respond or forward to the appropriate board member.
- Attend monthly board meetings (2nd Tuesday of month @ 6:30 pm)
- New board members. Provide board member packet to new board members.
- Conflict of Interest. Distribute Conflict of Interest form to board at each August meeting. File these forms in permanent storage.
- Board List. Maintain board list with contact information and term information.
An understanding of creating and editing Excel spreadsheets is required.
- Excel membership spreadsheet. Maintain LSW’s membership lists in Excel.
- Email list. Maintain, update and add new email addresses to the email marketing system.
- Processing memberships. Process new and renewal memberships renewals received either through the mail or Paypal. Update and send acknowledgements via email.
Other Administrative Duties
- Filing. Keep the LSW documents organized and in good order.
- Supplies. Order stamps, stationery, and other materials, as needed.
- Password/login list. Maintain the password list for LSW email accounts and online accounts and systems. Grant access on an as-needed basis to board members, and revoke access when they leave the board.
- Zoom. Manage the Zoom account and cloud storage. Create meetings, send out links to event registrants and send recordings after events as needed.
- Surveys. Send evaluation surveys to attendees following events and compile results.
- Passionate member of the writing community, proficient in email, Excel and WordPress.
- This is a job that can be done primarily from home, but does require proximity to Duluth for collecting mail, banking and other local tasks.
Please email your resume and a paragraph of intent to email@example.com with the subject line: [Full Name] Administrator Position Application.