Our Writing Contest is complete for this year, and we would like to thank everyone who submitted their work. We had many wonderful entries and would like to congratulate our winners. You may read the winning pieces for each category below.
- WINNER: Parker Sterling, “Résumé”
- Runner-Up: Ronnie Hess, “Sailing with Rick Barot’s ‘The Galleons'”
- Honorable Mention: Tim Moder, “Skin Is Borders”
- WINNER: Tim Strom, “Plywood Mansion”
- Runner-Up: Greg Opstad, “Wintering”
- Honorable Mention: Kim Waltman, “To Walk on Water”
Short Short Fiction
- WINNER: Lynn Watson, “Walk with Me”
- Runner-Up: Lynn Watson, “Paddle Boarding”
- Honorable Mention: Marlys Guimaraes, “The Call”
- WINNER: Paula Zwicke, “Migration”
- Runner-Up: Joan Farnam, “My Mother and Her Red-Leather Hat”
- Honorable Mention: Cary Griffith, “Bad Luck Fishing”
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.